Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
I'm going to split today into two sections, the track and plyo work and weight work.  On the track I felt pretty good, I didn't have gates today but I felt like I had a lot more in the tank than I have all season. I ordered my own set of FreeLap timing gates so that will be a big bonus when they arrive. I didn't do a lot of plyos today, it was more of a rehab experience but they went well, knee extension with no pain. On Thursday I'm going to try some single leg extension and if I can do that pain free I will be able to comfortably move forward. I'm definitely on the final legs of this knee injury as long as I don't do anything stupid.
   Part 2... The weight-room. This was absolute garbage, what a pathetic showing. I didn't eat much earlier today and was pretty much running off an empty stomach so I think my blood sugar was starting to get iffy even though I did eat a banana half way through the workout. I can't remember the last time I lifting so poorly... Wait, yes I do when I tested my max power clean at the beginning of the season and lifted 225lb's haha. I'm going to chalk this up to not eating enough, not doing anything high-intensity last week and getting frustrated when I failed at 245lb's and lost my focus. Hopefully this is a one time thing...

TODAY'S WORKOUT
600m jog
Dynamic mobility
Warm-up
Flying 25m x3
Flying 10m x3
Bunny hops (w/ knee extension) 3x10
Twisting bunny hops (w/ knee extension) 3x10
Weights--
Power Hang Cleans 1x3@185lb's, 1x2@205lb's, 1x2@225lb's, 1x2@245lb's (x-), 1x2@225lb's, 1x2@235lb's (ox)
Jerks 3x3@155lb's

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck this year with your goals. I look forward to your comments on your Freelap timing system.

Best,
Christopher

Unknown said...

Thank you very much! I'm really excited to add them to my training program and think they will be very beneficial

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris