Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Well I definitely didn't jump as far as I had hoped but I'm going to just look at the positives: this is the first time that I have tripled jumped all season and I haven't had a technical practice all season and having done plyos since October. Also I wasn't even sure if I was going to be able to jump until I got my first jump in. It was rusty and sloppy and felt completely foreign and half of my jumps were more than a meter off my personal best but the road back to my former self should be a quick one, now that I know that I'm going to be able to do technical work I think I'll quickly accelerate. After 2-3 practices in the sand pit I should be ready to get into the mid 14's. It is two weeks until I jump again and I'll be hunting for the CIS autoqualifier (14.19m). Unfortunately I jump at 9:45am, it's not the greatest facility and I won't have any competition.

Jump 1- 13.64m first time jumping since August, didn't feel too bad but very raw, I was excited that my knee didn't hurt at all and that I was close to 14m.

Jump 2-13.10m My ankle buckled and I semi-bailed, felt much the same as the last one but it was clear that the lack of plyo volume has come against me

Jump 3-13.29m again kind of buckles, tried to slow things down and just focus on rhythm. Just a very rusty jump.

Jump 4-Fault I really focused on pushing out the back and stretching out the hop phase, maybe I just fluked one but when I walked it back to see how many steps into the pit it was I ballparked it at 14.10m minus a toe fault.

Jump 5-13.39m My calf cramped up half way down the runway and threw me off, had some major buckling happening off the hop and step.

Jump 6-13.45m Felt like I was trying too much, definitely need to learn how to land again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris