Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Today went really well, I was really locked in mentally.  I almost have full function back in my knee and I set a 0.5lb hang snatch pb. I really hate tying my pb so whenever I have the chance I always load on kilogram weights instead of pounds to make up a slight difference.
   I'm really looking forward to Saturday and hopefully jumping in practice for the first time. I was able to bound pain free today and do everything I wanted to except for hops--I felt like I am still a couple days away from that however I did do some single leg stability jumps which went well, very little pain.
   I have an opportunity to compete the next three weekends after this one coming up but I still don't know if I am quite there yet. I'm going to play the first meet by ear--maybe jump, maybe take a short approach or maybe nothing. The second meet I'm hoping to be able to jump at and then the third weekend, in Montreal, I'm hoping to be be at full capacity and near-peak condition. Depending if I compete at 1, 2 or 3 of those meets I could jump again two weeks later, but only if I feel I need some more full approach work since AUS championships are two weeks later and CIS are two weeks after that. My confidence is coming back slowly and I believe I'm finally ready to touch a pit!

TODAY'S WORKOUT
600m jog
Warm-up
Dynamic mobility
Accelerations--
2x20m
2x30m
2x40m
Bunny hops (w/ knee bend) x3
Twisitng hops (w/ knee bend) x3
Five step bounds 3x5
Seven step bounds 3x5
Three step hops 3x5 (right side only)
First phase passes 3x3
Weights--
Hang power snatch 1x3@115lb's, 1x3@135lb's, 1x3@145lb's, 1x2@155lb's, 1x2@165lb's, 1x2@170.5lb's
Jerks 3x3@165lb's
Explosive bench press 6x2@95lb's
Single-legged bunny hops 3x10 (w/ knee bend, each side)
Rolling
Stretching

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris