Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, March 9, 2013
Day 6 has brought the first hipcup, I knew it wasn't going to be all sunshine and rainbows, so comes adversity. I was supposed to do short technical work today but I didn't have access to the pit so I couldn't do what I wanted. My plan was to do unlanded jumps instead but I felt a little twinge of pain after my second three step jump. I let my guard down for a day and it came back to bit me. Yesterday, my off day, I was really lazy and didn't spend the time mobilizing like I should have so my quads were quite stiff and tightened up. Also, I didn't mobilize this morning like I should have, I did spend some time working on the tissues in my hips but not nearly enough. Also when I was jumping, I didn't take enough rest between jumps and pretty much jumped, walked back, jumped, walked back. It was a 24 hour period filled with stupidity but it's a lesson that I won't soon forget, I'm one bad practice away of spending another 6 months being injured. I stopped right away, as soon as I felt anything so I'm hoping I'll wake up fine again. I did do weights after, which didn't seem to aggravate it any more and I was only vaguely aware of it.
   One problem that has been noticeable, after taking an off day I always feel tight and lethargic the next day so from now on I'm going to make sure I, at the very least, get on the stationary for 10 minutes and spend 30m+ mobilizing my anterior compartment and hips.

TODAY'S WORKOUT
600m jog
Warm-up
Dynamic mobility
First phase pass 3x3 (fast jog)
Standing triple jump x4
Standing five bounds x3
3 step triple jump x2
Weights--
Power-cleasn 3x3@225lb's, 1x3@235lb's
Front squats 1x5@205lb's, 2x5@225lb's
Rolling

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris