Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, June 9, 2013
I'm still feeling run down, tired, lethargic and don't quite have my legs under me. Today didn't go as planned, couldn't get any speed on the runway and my bounds weren't great either. I had big plans of what I wanted to get done today but never quite got there. Instead of doing 9 step approaches I went back to basics and just messed around 3-5 steps which surprisingly felt pretty good. The issue seems to be it breaks down when I try to bring more speed to the board, even at five steps I didn't seem to be hitting quite the same positions.
Tomorrow is off, and Tuesday is just strides, followed by a little bit of speed/jump testing on Wednesday. This is going to be a VERY light week as I prepare for competition

The Good

  • Real short approach felt good


The Bad

  • Tired, lethargic
  • Legs were clearly now at 100%
  • Hard to focus


TODAY'S WORKOUT
400m jog
Warm-up
Dynamic mobility
Runway x1
Runway+hop x3 (1.15-1.17s blah)
Standing triple jump x3
Five step bounds 3x5
Three step triple jump x6
Five step triple jump x2

Tomorrow
Off! Time to recover!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris