Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, June 2, 2013
Today was day 90 which means it has been three months since I ended the indoor season. Three months ago my knee seemed like it would never get better, I ended up jumping a meter off my pb and I was absolutely miserable and questioning if I would ever get to where I wanted to go. Fast forwarding to today I have plenty to be optimistic about. I had a huge standing 5 bound sb and 10cm pb (which I'm using as a checkpoint to see where I'm at). My season goal is going 16.00m+ which I can within 30cm of (it was a 50cm season best). Three step five bounds was good too, hit 17.70m which is an offical pb, although I have gone 18.00m+ a couple times I think they were huge faults (like a meter haha) while today I filmed my foot.
   Although everything has been going great I'm not sure how I will perform as of yet. I can't seem to transfer horizontal momentum in the hop phase and I'm still hoping less than 5.00m off of my first phase passes. This is something I'm going to hammer in over the next to jump sessions this week before I open the season. To jump 15.00m I need to approach a 5.50m hop. I am going to cue "attack the board" and "push it away" on Thursday. Overall the sum of my parts are looking great, I just need to put it all together. I also hit 9.1m/s on the runway during my second first phase pass pretty effortlessly and with no wind. That's more than enough speed to hop 5.50m, clearly the issue is systemic of my mechanics at take off. Maybe when I start working on bringing more speed to the board during drills it will help in trying to get a little bit of lift.

The Good

  • Bound pb's all around (:
  • Feeling good
The Bad
  • Back was getting a little sore
  • Having trouble putting everything together

  • >>>>NEED NEED NEED To open up the hop--number one priority this week<<<<




TODAY''S WORKOUT
400m jog
Warm-up
Dynamic mobility
Runway x4 (runway, x2 with hop, x1 with hop-step)
Standing long jump x3
Standing five bounds x4 (15.70m (pb))
Three step bounds x3 (17.70m (pb))
Jogging Hop-steps x5
Nine step triple jump x4 (Didn't have much left, 12.30m ish)
Evening--
Hang-cleans 6x2@205lb's, 1x1@255lb's
Snatch pulls 6x2@205lb's
Reverse lunge 3x5@205lb's



Tomorrow

  • Strides/recovery

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris