Powered by Blogger.
Monday, June 3, 2013
Today was one of those days that was hard to get started, feeling kind of tired and stiff. I went to the track at my usual time, around 10:30am and the track was being monopolized by an elementary school track meet so I ended up going to the Dalplex in the afternoon and doing one extended session instead of two. It wasn't ideal because of the hard surface (like to do strides on grass) but I felt a lot better after than I did before.

The Good

  • Nice easy session to get some blood flowing
  • Had some time to think about why my hop phase is coming up short, I think I'm not letting the shin rotate through after the plant. I used to think of pushing along the angle of the shin.

The Bad

  • Lower back was sore on the right side--but it's a little better after an ice bath.



TODAY'S WORKOUT
800m jog
Warm-up
Dynamic mobility
10x100m strides
45 minutes of hurdle mobility
First phase visualization
Mobility (45 minutes)
Ice bath

Tomorrow--
Fly 10m's and fly 25m

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris