Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
I feel like some days my knee toys with me... Gives me hope and then takes it away. I was feeling good today, set some season bests (STJ, and S5B) and I was doing five bounds from three steps when the weirdest thing happened. I took the strap off of my knee since it was bruising my hamstring on the back. I did 3 sets of bounds and was setting up for a fourth but all of a sudden me knee suddenly started to feel really weird. It wasn't so much painful as swollen, it puffed up like a balloon and I had to call the workout early (to my dismay). It feels fine now though, well about the same as it usually does. I was afraid I might have re-tore something but I don't think so, I'll see how it feels in the morning before I make any modifications to the prescribed session.
   No pb's, but two days after squatting 370lb's for reps, I'll take it. Really looking forward to deloading so I can really see some big numbers. I'd like to see a 9.50m+ standing triple jump and 18.50m five bounds from three steps.

The Good

  • Wasn't as sore as I expected
  • Felt energetic and it was a beautiful day


The Bad

  • Knee cut session short
  • Lingering swelling
  • Was kind of rushed through the session



TODAY'S WORKOUT
400m jog
Warm-up
Dynamic mobility
Standing long jump x5 (3.10mish (bad landings))
Standing triple jump x5 (~9.15m)
Standing five bounds x4 (~15.15m)
Three step five bounds x3 (~17.60m)
Mobility

Tomorrow

  • Weather isn't looking great but I'm hoping for 3/3 runways (with and without first phase) and heavy clean and jerk/clean pulls in the evening. I'm no longer competing this weekend, the weather looks absolutely terrible, 6 degrees and 30mm of rain--I wasn't originally planning on jumping anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris