Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, May 5, 2013

Well, I didn’t really know what to expect today, would have liked to have to jumped farther but it was very informative. From nine steps (static, no bounce, walk in or skip, 15.4m) I was consistently in the low 12’s and my last one would have been mid 12’s from where I took off. I was hoping to be over 13m but I’m pretty run down at the moment so I’m not going to sweat over it. My “pb” is 13.17m, but I think that was with a skip and was during practice so it’s really hard to compare. I will be doing more short approach jumps in the upcoming weeks so I will have numbers to compare to. If I can get my nine step in the mid-13s I think I’ll be in really good shape. I feel like from a full approach I could have hit high 13’s but I doubt 14m. I’m not really going to see any improvement on the track for another 3 weeks when I deload in the weight room and shift my focus to Rate of force development and the track workouts will get top priority. There is six weeks until I open the season for real, I think I’ll definitely be over 14m, hopefully well over! I feel like as soon as my body gets a bit of a rest I’m really going to see things come together. Next week is another hard week, then a bit easier and the week after that is a recovery/testing week before I had into 3 weeks of speed/technical training.
   My biggest issue today was being overly conservative on the hop phase, I think were my knee is still iffy I am reluctant to really jump as far as possible so at least now I know what I need to work on. I’m going to drill, drill, drill the hop until I can mentally open it up.

The Good
  • Knee didn’t hurt
  • Generally felt each jump got better
  • Now I know exactly what I need to fix


The Bad
  • Not very far
  • Under-hopping
  • Not great posture at board



TODAY’S WORKOUT
400m jog
Warm-up
Dynamic mobility
Standing long jump x3
Standing triple jump x1
Five step bounds x1
Five step triple jump x1
Nine step triple jump x6
Weights—
Hang clean 10x3@205lb’s
Jerks 8x3@165lb’s
Snatch-grip deadlifts 2x5@255lb’s, 1x5@265lb’s

Tomorrow
  • Recovery, tempo running, mobility

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris