Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, May 26, 2013
Today was... Evidence that I'm not competition ready and my CNS needs a rest. This was really supposed to be a deload week and I really got carried away and did way to much high intensity work. I'm not going to say what I jumped today but let's just say that it was so bad that I could only laugh because I know that today was not a true reflection of where I'm at. I really only took 3 jumps, two run throughs that felt god-awful and then passed my last jump. I'm going to take tomorrow off and then come back on Tuesday revitalized and ready to go. It's time to move away from being a general conditioned athlete and become a triple jumper. My #1 focus right now to be honest is to get my standing five bounds over 16m. If I can do that I know that I'll be putting myself in a position to succeed. There's no need to dwell on the past, as I usually do, it's time to move forward and look at all the good I've done so far (:

Why things have been going well:

  • Stronger than ever--Squatted 405lb's for the first time pretty easily which means I have strength to spare!
  • Powerful--big snatch and clean pb's already this season. 
  • Speed--Still need to work on it but I hit 9.17m/s on the runway while I haven't really focused on speed at all yet. 
  • Reactive strength--Jump numbers are respectable and slowly coming along but aren't where they need to be yet. But I'm confident that they will be now that I'm switching training gears. Just give me three weeks!
  • Knee is coming along and for all intensive purposes is now a "non-issue"

What I still need to get to where I want to be
  • Focus on pre-meet recovery and make sure that the next time I' compete I'm fresh
  • Get my fly speed over 9.5m/s and be able to control higher speeds on the runway. There's a difference between being able to hit a certain speed and being able to control it!
  • Work on my dynamic strength--I really haven't done a whole lot of jumping because of my knee but that will change in the upcoming weeks!
  • Lose the excess weight that I've put on in the last 12 weeks which should happen naturally now that the weight volume has been reduced.
  • Make sure the SI joint issue I've been having recently doesn't worsten 
Tomorrow
  • Marks the first day in a 3 weeks speed/technical block... But is a rest day (: 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris