Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, May 5, 2013
Today mark the end of the 3rd block of training for this season. At the beginning of the season. looking ahead to today, where did I think I'd be? I can't really say. I think that best way to look at where I'm at is to break it down piece by piece. I can't say it's been a disappointing nine weeks, I'm probably about on a realistic pace.
   Pretty sore today, my knee and ankle mostly. CNS-wise I'm not feeling bad but my joints are taking the worst of jumping yesterday, even though it was less than 13m. I'm hoping my body adapts quickly to this stimulus so I can't increase the volume in practice and hoping stretch my short approach into the mid 13's


TODAY'S WORKOUT
800m jog
Warm-up
Dynamic mobility
10x100m strides on grass
Side plank 30s/30s (leg down, leg up)
2:00 min plank

Afternoon--
Light bike ride
Mobility (hip extension)

Season in Review

Speed--
  • Haven't really done much in the way of speed yet, my acels were starting to come along but where definitely dampened by all the heavy weight.  Flying 25m's were really slow but I'm going to revisit them after them after the next block of training, in fact, they will probably be the main focus. After 1 runway session I hit 8.74m/s which is the most specific speed test, and really the only one that matters. Really hoping to get it over 9.00m/s consistently in the next block. 
Max Strength
  • Goal at the beginning of the season was to hit high 300's and 405lb's in a perfect world. When I tested three weeks ago I failed 375lb's on the squat but it was mostly do to my knee being too sore to push through. I have two more weeks of lifting heavy before I test again, I'm not sure if I'll get 405lb's but high 300's for sure.
Power
  • Hit a power clean pb three weeks ago, 265lb's on a day my knee was really sore and I was feeling flat. My goal coming in was to hit 275lb's+ which I think is still pretty realistic. Just hit a huge power-snatch pb 2x185lb's.
Reactivity
  • Power hasn't really transfered to the track yet, my 5 bounds haven't been anything special yet but I'm expecting them to pick up after deloading in 3 week.

Health
  • Knee is still an issue, and is often the limiting factor in practice. What I learned from jumping yesterday was that mentally I still haven't overcome this injury and that I need to mentally allow myself to apply all the force I can generate. What's the point in getting stronger if I only apply 75% force to the ground?
Technique--
  • Knee is limiting the hop phase, need to really extend it out. Haven't really done that much jumping yet allow I have started to make some big mental connections although this is a really objective area and it's hard to definitely say when progress is occurring. Need more time to really assess.  
Mobility--
  • Feel like I've been doing a good job with the soft tissue work but need to continue to point my hip flexors. Internal rotation is also something that I may want to look into deeper as I think I could value from trying to extend my hip ROM before training. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris