Powered by Blogger.
Friday, May 17, 2013
Today was a rest day, a much needed rest day. After tomorrow I'll have two more down days to try to get back to 100%. I'm hoping to be able to do some short approach work tomorrow but the weather is supposed to be cold and rainy so it may be a mental battle to get up for it. I know how my mind works, I know that I'm going to wake up, look out the window and mentally give up before I start. Maybe if I was fresh I would be more optimistic but where I'm completely drained I'm going to have trouble even getting out of bed. So I'm and writing this now to remind myself tomorrow how important it is that I give 100% of what I have left in the tank for this last session of the training block.
   I had a god-aweful night sleep last night and am feeling terrible--exactly how I should be feeling after the amount of work I've done so far. My cortisol levels are definitely sky rocketed. Good. Now it's time to adapt.

The Good

  • Knee seems to be improving linearly 
The Bad
  • Worst night sleep I've had in a long time, likely do to the hormone imbalance caused by the training block
  • Drained



TODAY'S WORKOUT
30 minute bike ride
1 hour of mobility

Tomorrow

  • Short approach
  • Last heavy lifting session before testing next week. I guess I'll have to savor it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris