Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, November 24, 2012
I have mixed feelings about today--it was just supposed to be a learning experience, going through the motions of my pre-meet routine and seeing what works and what doesn't. I wasn't expecting to actually be able to jump because of the tendinitis in my left knee but as I was warming up I began to realize that it didn't hurt while doing pop-up's. I took four jumps, none of which were very far but I am somewhat content with it considering I haven't touched a sand pit yet all season and have burn nursing a sore knee for the past couple of months. Since I wasn't expecting on actually competing I did a lot more bounding than I normal would have and did some first phase passes in my triple jump spikes since I was all warmed-up and didn't want it to go to waste.
I have noticed over the last year or two that my best jumps almost always come early on during the first 2-3 rounds--I think this is because I take caffeine before I jump and drink gatorade so I feel "hyped" when I'm ready to go but I can't sustain that energized state. I think I'm going to experiment with trying to reload after the second round so I can keep the momentum going through an entire competition.
I'll have the opportunity to triple jump next week but I'm expecting to go short approach (probably 9 steps or so) unless I'm feeling really good in which case I might try to one with a full runway.

Jump 1-6.36m-Was pretty much a triple jump take off with my foot underneath my COM. Felt like I had good runway speed but bad mechanics. Left 10-15cm in the sand.

Jump 2-fault-probably the farthest though even though I left 30cm in the sand. Felt like I had the best speed on the runway of any of the jumps and actually got my foot a little bit out front.

Jump 3-6.09m-bad jump, was behind the board so reached for it, felt slower on the runway as well.

Jump 4-6.32m-started to feel fatigued and didn't feel fast at all, wasn't able to drive at all like I was during my first jump.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris