Powered by Blogger.
Friday, November 23, 2012
Today was a rest day, tomorrow morning I'll be headed up to Oromocto, about five hours away. My knee is still too sore to compete on so I'm using this meet as an opportunity to practice my pre-meet ritual. If my knee actually feels really good I might try to take 2-3 jumps (long jump, there is no triple) but I'd peg the chances of that around 10%. Tomorrow is just all about getting into the mindset of competing.
   Today I went through my ritual of going low residue and tomorrow morning I will eat like I would on a normal competition day--I packed all my meals for the whole day specifically as I would if I were jumping--I'm going to warm-up like I normally would, drinking caffeine when I usually do and even do runways... and then, when I feel perfect, and I know that I'm ready for a pb... That's when I'll shut things down knowing full well that I'll be able to do it again. Just because I'm injured doesn't mean I can't use today as a chance to rehearse, but unlike an important meet, I didn't taper off at all so I don't waste time that could be spent training--if I don't jump I'll probably do some bounding etc. for the plyo benefit. The gym is closed on Sunday so I'm switching Sunday's workout to Monday which is normal a rest day. 

TODAY'S WORKOUT
10 minute bike ride
Static stretching
Rolling

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris