Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
I was debating all morning if I should do my workout outdoors in the pit (and rain) or indoors with no pit. On my way to the CGC (indoors) it started to pour. I don't regret my decision. My knee was better than I was expecting but to be honest I still only got a fraction of the work I wanted to in. I did bounds but when I went up to repeat take offs I felt the knee a little so I caught the workout short. Still, I'm definitely heading in the right direction and looking forward to some sun on Saturday... And (knock on wood) a lengthy jumping session. The big think I accomplished today was I really found some things I need to work on and I was able to make a pretty specific itinerary of what I want to do on Saturday.

The Good

  • Knee was better than it has been, was able to get in bounds without pain (though still felt risky)
  • Really narrowed down what I want to focus on and hoping to expand on today's small session.

The Bad
  • Weather kept me out of the pit
  • Still had to cut the workout short because of my knee

Tomorrow
  • Speed and weights. Going to run flying 25m's in the Dalplex to see how the times stack up to the SMU times which seem to be a tad slow.

TODAY'S WORKOUT
600m jog
Warm-up
Dynamic mobility
Standing long jump x3
Standing 5 bounds 3x5
Three step five bounds 6x5
LLRR x3
Repeat three step take-offs 1x3 (sore but got good extension)

Evening--
30 minute mobility 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris