Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Today was the first day in a long time that I felt like a triple jumper. The knee was iffy but after really trying to buy some slack in the tendon pre-workout I was able to get a pretty decent session in. Bounds were feeling really good but I was going from a 13m board so by the last set I ran out of room on the fourth bound. I wanted to be able to do some five step approaches so I only did 4 sets of bounds (first one very light) but I'm looking forward to really revisiting them on Wednesday.
   Felt good in the weight room too, thinks seem to be starting to come together. My jump distances were anything to brag bout but considering how little jumping I've been doing I'll take it for now!

The Good

  • Was able to get through the workout and had a really good jumping session
  • Bounding felt good, some postural issues need to be fixed but overall, good.

The Bad
  • Loud foot contacts, rotating forward, not overly reactive, rusty

Tomorrow

Strides, hurdle mobility and getting set up for Monday's runways and big squat session

TODAY'S WORKOUT
400m jog
Dynamic mobility
Warm-up
3x30m acels
Standing long jump x3 (3.20m)
Three step bounds x4
Seven step first phase pass x4
Five step hop-step x3
Five step triple jump x4
Weights--
Hang clean 8x3@195lb's
Jerks 7x3@155lb's
Snatch-grip deadlifts 2x5@265lb's, 1x5@275lb's, 1x5@280lb's
Mobility


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris