Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, July 1, 2012
I'm still pretty disappointed with how yesterday went, I really wish that I could have a "do-over." I feel a big part of the reason I wasn't doing well was because I was flat from sitting around so much. All muscle soreness aside, I feel as though I could jump much farther today. I feel a little bit wired.
My lower back is a little sore as well as the stabilizers around my hips and the origin of my right hamstring. I'm hoping that I'm healthy enough to do a fairly extensive speed workout tomorrow. I have two options: 1. Sit around feeling sorry for myself or 2. Get back on the track and fix everything that needs to be fixed. I'll have at least two more shots at the 14.50m barrier before this summer is over and I want it--I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get there.
I'm still running yesterday over in my head, trying to figure out what went wrong. I am still thinking that it was no one thing--I feel as though nerves, sitting around too much and not planning meals ahead of time all played a part.
This week's extensive workouts will be on Monday, Wednesday, Friday instead of the usual Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. I am probably going to try to go heavy in the weight-room on Friday with the other two days being explosively focused.

TODAY'S WORKOUT
15 minute jog
Dynamic stretching
Light stretching

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris