Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, July 8, 2012
I had one goal today, to abstain from injury--but I guess that's too much to ask. It seems like a nightmare right now, at least it's not too serious. I took one jump which felt flat and very much like it was my first jump in over a year. Then halfway down the runway I felt my hamstring tighten on my second jump so I ran through. If I had jumped I definitely would be in tears right now as my season would have more than definitely come to an end. But instead it's just tight and I'm hoping by the time I wake up it will be fine again. The meet was very delayed, I started my warm-up at 6:00pm and the competition started at 8:13pm. I'm pretty made right now but it's only long jump, it doesn't matter anyway. In six days I will be triple jumping and that's the jump that I really care about. I feel as though as long as I keep the training volume low this week I'm in shape to get a pb this weekend. I can taste 14.50m.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris