Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Wow, I felt flat today... most of been those cleans last night. I didn't even want to move all day so I pretty much just lazed around beyond a quick morning session and some visualization in the evening. I figure if my body is too tired to train than I might as well train my mind. I spent much of the afternoon trying to learn everything I can about my event. It's really easy on recovery days to just forget about being a jumper and laze around, wasting time and just growing older. But I want to learn everything I can about being a triple jumper. I feel as though there are a near infinite amount of holes in my knowledgebank and the more I study the more it seems I don't know. I think I'm really starting to get a clear mental picture of the take-off position, now it's just a matter of making the same connection with my body!
   I'm going to the track tomorrow morning/afternoon depending on the weather and how I'm feeling physically and I'm going to try to get in a focused jumping workout--not too much volume but very focused.

TODAY'S WORKOUT
Morning--
5 minute bike ride
Standing med-ball twists 1x10@6kg (Each side)
Sitting med-ball twists 1x10@6kg (Each side)
Lunge-position med-ball twists 1x10@6kg (Each side)
Oblique crunches 3x10@65lb's (Each side)
Abdominal pull-downs 3x10@170lb's
Light stretching
Evening--
600m jog
dynamic mobility
30 minutes visualization
6x7 flying strides (at minimal speed and focusing on vertical force)
Incline leg raises 3x10
Seated twists 3x10@33lb's
Hanging leg-raises 3x8
Static stretching

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris