Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, July 22, 2012
When I woke up today I was feeling really flat and my ankle was sore from standing in my feet all day yesterday at work. Considering that I'm normally not one to under train and I more often than not over train I thought that it might be smart to go against my intuition and rest again today, pushing all my workouts ahead one day. I feel that with one meet left this season it's going to be rest that commands a good performance, no amount of training is really going to make a big impact at this point. If I didn't work 1-10 again today I probably would have just went back to sleep and go to the track later but I didn't really have that option.. I didn't get home from work until 11:00pm last night either so I'm not in the most rested of stated--although I did do a warm-up and some dynamic mobility at the Dalplex and found that besides just general fatigue from being on my feet for so long my CNS felt pretty good.

TODAY'S WORKOUT
600m jog
Warm-up
Dynamic mobility
Strides 3x50m

This is what the next two weeks are going to look like:

Monday July 23-Technical (9/11/13 steps), jump squats/snatch
Tuesday July 24-Core/hurdle mobility
Wednesday July 25-Runways/bounds, light squats
Thursday July 26- Core/hurdle mobility
Friday July 27-Speed work, cleans
Saturday July 28-light strides/mobility
Sunday July 29-Rest
Monday July 30-Technical (low volume), light squats
Tuesday July 31-Core/hurdle mobility
Wednesday August 1-Speed/runways, snatch/jump squats
Thursday August 2-Rest
Friday August 3-Warm-up, 3 quick sprints, very light explosive cleans
Saturday August 4-travel/rest day
Sunday August 5-Compete

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris