Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, July 14, 2012
I can't believe how bad today went (13.70m), I was really expecting big things today, and thought for sure that I was going to pb... instead I had some jumps that were as much as a meter off. I think that my body needs to recovery, I have competed five weeks in a row (including long jump last week) which is a long time of tapering and not really training. I have three weeks before I compete again and I think I'm going to try to keep doing something similar to what I have been doing but more speed focused. Over the next two weeks I am right now planning on doing four speed sessions. 
   I feel as though part of the reason I didn't do very well today was because I was afraid to run at full capacity because of where I tweaked my hamstring. To be honest--I don't want to make any excuses but the take-off board was kind of wobbly and I felt as if I was coming in with decent speed but as soon as it came time to take off the bottom would fall out of the jump, part of the board would flip.
   I have one more chance to save this season, it's three weeks away which feels like forever right now but I think that's probably a good thing. Hopefully I won't be too sore right now, I want to do a light shakeout but not too much else. I'm in a very bad state of mind at the moment but when I wake up it's time to get serious again. One shot... One more chance. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris