Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
I cannot believe how sore my legs are.. I still have a significant amount of DOMS from squatting on Tuesday. I have trouble believing how sore I am from doing three sets of squats 100lb's off of my pb. Maybe it is because my legs weren't completely recovered from jumping on Saturday. I did still manage to get a decent workout in though--it was mostly bounding. The first couple were pretty flat and I was going to call it quits early but then I had one set of bounds that was like a meter farther than the rest so I kept jumping. I didn't accomplish what I wanted to which was to keep my hips up during the jump and hold an upright position instead of going into a premature landing position but it's not the kind of thing that is going to come over night, it's definitely going to take sometime. But be this time next year (when I jumping 15.00m) it will no longer be an issue because of the 12 months of work I put in trying to correct it.
   I was surprised to tie my hang clean pb.. considering I haven't gone heavy in many weeks I was expecting to have lost a lot of strength but it seems not to be the case. That's nice to know!

TODAY'S WORKOUT
Morning--
400m jog
Warm-up
Dynamic mobility
Standing long jump x3
Standing triple jump x3
Five step bounds 8x5 (best around 18.60m), 3x3 (light)
Cool-down
Ice bath

Evening
Warm-up
Hang cleans 2x2@225lb's, 1x2@235lb's (felt really good), 1x2@245lb's (fairly good), 1x2@250lb's (ox) (tired)
Light bike ride
Static stretching

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris