Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, June 30, 2012
I am very disappointed with how today went. I felt slow, lethargic, flat and just not myself. While warming up I felt pretty good and I didn't feel too bad during my first jump but after that I just felt terrible. I think a big part of it was my body isn't used to being fed so much sugar but over the last three days since I've been in Calgary I have been living off of protein bars and consuming products with added sugar. I might have been a little dehydrated too, since the air was really dry which I'm not used to, I felt like I was drinking enough but maybe not. Of course I cannot overlook the fact that I have been lazing around pretty much for the last three days. I have been doing competition warm-up's each morning but besides that I was spending most of my time just sitting around wasting time. I've been pretty much by myself this weekend too so I've been killing time just reading and watching movies in my room.
During my first jump I felt nervous, my legs a little rubbery--I usually fall victim to nerves before most competitions, no matter how big or small but they were particularly bad today. My legs felt really rubbery before the second jump and after that the nerves seemed to go away but the feeling of flatness didn't. I didn't really feel like my head was in the competition at all--between jumps my legs were heavy so I didn't want to stand, I sat down and felt kind of zoned out. I know if I felt like I did last week I could have killed it but I didn't for whatever reason. It's going to be a long trip home but I will be competing again in two weeks locally so it's time to get a week of smart training in and then a little bit of a down week beforehand--hopefully the conditions are as good as they were today and I can get the jump in that I know I'm capable of.

Jump 1- 13.97m Felt alright about that opener as long as bigger jumps were to come. Felt like the hop was high.

Jump 2-13.92m the landing was a bit messy and I was leaving some on the board but it felt about the same as the last one.

Jump 3-14.13m (2.2m/s)- felt like a 13.60m jump was very surprised that it was over 14.00m. I felt pretty flat but a little bit elated that I suddenly was 25cm from my personal best.

Jump 4-13.81m didn't feel very good and when I saw the distance I became very discouraged. Legs felt heavy.

Jump 5-12.50m felt like it was going to be a 13.70m so didn't even bother to land it... Very flat.

Jump 6-13.72m. Again a very flat jump, it actually felt better than my last couple had--I thought it might have been 13.90m's but no... A very poor jump to end a very poor day.

ahhh, this has not been a good day.
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris