Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Well today was aweful... simply aweful. At first I was okay with it, and thought "oh, it's not what I had hoped for but at least I know what to fix". But now I am shocked at myself... I think that I just need to sleep it off and forget about it but I don't think sleep is going to come easy tonight. I will hopefully jump again next weekend but that's a long ways away.. I don't know if I can make it. I work at 7:00am tomorrow and I know that I am going to spend my entire shift thinking about how badly I did today.
   The conditions weren't great, the pit was away from the track and in an open field with the wind gusting extrememly quickly. I think on my farthest jump the wind was only 2.3m/s but it must have been 4+ on some of them which only strengthens how appauled I am at myself. With wind like that I should have been jumping 14.75m+ not jumping like a pee-wee girl! But to be hoest I think there's a certain point where the wind stops helping and becomes a hinderence, it was pretty hard to jump with the wind blowing sporatically forward and to the right. Frustrating.. I am hoping the rest of the season only gets better.. I actually did feel pretty flat all week especially after squatting on Tuesday, I don't think my CNS was fully recovered, that's the main reason I didn't do well, I felt flat warming up too.

Jump 1-13.34m: wasn't too impressed when I saw the distance, it didn't actually feel that bad techniqually but it was just flat.

Jump 2-Fault (14.02m) About right on 14.00m minus the fault--felt like a decent jump, I thought that they would only get better from here but that sadly was not the case.

Jump 3-Fault: About the same as the last one, but I faulted by a bit more. Felt all right techniqually but falling forward through the jump. I really need to learn to hang on to the step phase and not be in so much of a rush.

Jump 4-13.66m: Felt a little fatique on this one, tried to shake it off but wasn't able to.

Jump 5-Fault (13.78m) I though it might have been a bit farther but sadly not.

Jump 6- 13.10m: Nowhere near the board, wasn't much of a jump at all.

Considering my worst jump all indoor season was 13.78m it was a frustrating meet, hopefully next week brings better things. Today I was 62cm off my pb, I would like to least get back into the 14's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris