Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, February 16, 2013
I'm feeling pretty good for tomorrow, I tend to always get nervous no matter how big or small a meet is and I think I need that--the nervous energy to feed off of. Even though this is probably the smallest meet I have ever jumped at (party for 1) it's still an opportunity to  get the CIS autoqualifier or at least move into the top 12 and take some of the pressure off of next week and avoiding a do-or-die situation.
   I have been feeling good all week and had some pretty big speed pb's. Even though I have some sore issues that are making me nervous, they haven't hindered me all week so there's no reason to think they'll be a factor tomorrow. Suddenly they all start to hurt at once the day before competition but I can only laugh because I know that it's just the nervousness and doubt shining through. I don't have a great tract record of performing under pressure so I would really like to change that this weekend and pop one 14.20m+ jump as a safety now that my back's against the wall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris