Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, February 16, 2013
Tomorrow is going to be a hard day to wake up, when my head hits my pillow I know I'm going to hope I never wake up. That first step out of bed in the morning is going to be one of the most difficult ones of recent memory. The worst part is, when I first walked into my room after the meet I through my water bottle at the wall and hit my mirror so I'm probably going to be picking glass out of my feet for the next several weeks. The sport of track and field is bred from high's and low, this is definitely a low point. I am not myself, not even close. I jumped 13.66m today... 72cm off my pb and over a meter away from where I was hoping to be at this point. It's like I have completely forgot how to jump, I guess a season without a single technical practice can do that... But I would have thought I would be able to at least stay above 14.00m consistently.  I think I'm still being protective of my knee even though it's not sore anymore and under hoping because my first phase seems to be just over 4m in length where it should be about 5m.  On my last jump I opened the hop up much more but I couldn't control it, even if I just had 2-3 practices to full around in the pit I think I could be miles ahead of where I am now but if I don't jump 14.00m or so next weekend I won't even have the opportunity to travel to nationals. Coming into this season I was hoping to jump 14.70m+ and finishing top 3, not I would kill for a 14.00m just to stay afloat and not have my season cut prematurely. The next 8 days are going to be the longest of my life, I only hope that now that my back's against the wall I can control my nervous energy and pull off what I know I should be capable of at the moment... I just want it to be Sunday morning.

Jump 1- NJ- Bailed, couldn't control it and grossly under hoped.

Jump 2- Fault-really small hop, low 13's

Jump 3- 13.50m, small hop but felt like I was able to control it a bit better

Jump 4-13.66m, The hop was opened up a little bit which was really the only difference.

Jump 5-13.56m-Barely touched the board, hop felt really short again.

Jump 6-13.50ish-Only jump with an appropriate sized hop, was fatigued and couldn't control it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris