Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Ahhhh, make the pain stop. So much DOMS that it hurts to walk, I had to warm-up for over an hour just to get to the point where I could move without wanting to scream. But the first week is the hardest... Once I get through this initial muscle soreness I'll start to notice the first physiological improvements.
   I feel like the initial soreness in my abductors and adductors caused from Sunday's deep squats has worn-off and now I'm faced with quad, lower back, hamstring, calf, triceps, and chest soreness from weights the last couple of days. Hopefully my body will become used to the routine by next week so I don't have to relive this for a while... because after all this is only "easy" week. So sore, it's almost funny.
   Today was a long tempo day 200-300m, the first set was pretty easy but by the time I got to the second set my legs were gassed and although I didn't feel like my body was oxygen starved my muscles weren't used to having to run so far. I tried to maintain form as best I could and I think that for the first couple I was relatively upright and contacts beneath me but by the end I was just trying to get to the finish line.
   I was going to do more 200m's tomorrow but I may modify the workout depending on how I feel when I wake up.

TODAY'S WORKOUT
800m jog
Warm-up
Dynamic mobility
Strides
2x(300m, 250m, 200m) (3 minute recovery, 2.5 minute recovery, 6 between sets) (51.5, 42, 30, 53, 44, 31)
400m cool-down jog
Static stretching

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris