Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
I'm not going to lie, I felt a little run down today but half way through "hell" week that's how I'm supposed to be feeling right? It might have been because of the weather too, I find whenever it is rainy, cloudy and just generally humid that I often feel lethargic. Hopefully tomorrow will be a nice sunny day.
   I did my entire workout in the Dalplex today and by the time I started weights I was already feeling my blood sugar drop a bit--not significantly like I get on occasion but just enough to make me regret not bringing some Gatorade or something for some quick energy mid-workout. I usually try to avoid sugary drinks like that as much as possible but when the workout takes 3+hours it's hard to keep energy levels high for that long. Even though a lot of the work is stop and go just being on your feet for that long without eating drains you.
   I didn't feel like I had much while squatting. When I'm fresh I feel like I get a nice solid "push" through the whole movement, utilizing the glutes but today I felt like I was just moving the bar. The bar still gets from point A to point B but I felt like it was taking an indirect path to get there. I'm looking forward to testing my squat next week to see where I'm at.

TODAY'S WORKOUT
800m jog
Warm-up
Dynamic mobility
Ankle circuit--
Hops 5x10
Twisting hops 5x10
Left Hops 5x10
Right hops 5x10
Backwards hops 5x10
Low bounding 5x10
LLRR 5x10
Broad jumps 5x5 (pause)
Pop-ups 3x5 (Each side)
Bounding 2x30m
Hops 2x20m (Each side)
Weights--
Back squats (1x6@45lb's, 1x6@135lb's, 1x6@225lb's) 5x6@295lb's
Romanian deadlifts 5x8@185lb's
Light bike ride
Light stretching

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris