Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, November 16, 2013
Awful, awful meet. I have been saying this a lot over the last year but I officially think things have gotten as bad as they can possibly get. Lifting heavy 5-6 times a week is not doing my nervous system any favours and I need to put my ego aside. I have already started cutting down over the past week. At my heaviest I was 174.4lb's, weighed in at 171.6lb's this morning, although that is probably about a pound or two lower than my actual weight. I have five weeks until I jump again, I will weigh 165lb's. More than my weight, I think the biggest issue is the fatigue associated from all the weights. I will only be squatting heavy once a week and have one heavy set of cleans a week from now on. The focus between now and the end of December is on slimming down, getting faster and more explosive. I would like to at least get back up to about 13.80m and set my sights at 14.00+ in January. It's not going to happen though if I keep letting my ego get in the way and try to go hard every day. Considering that my progress has been negatively linear since my knee injury 14 months ago, my body is clearly trying to tell me something. Power cleans and ATG squats are not the answer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris