Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, August 18, 2013
Couldn't get off the ground, literally. It's seems pretty anticlimactic to train for the whole year and be left with a 0.00m final measure but I definitely need to take some time to get healthy. It is looking very likely that I'll be taking the indoor indoor season off to refresh mentally and physically. My plan right now is to try my hand at becoming an olympic weightliifter for the next season (instead of jumping indoor). I think that if I progress in the manner I think I will, then I can be competitive at the national level. My first goal is to qualify for Nationals and anything else is just bonus. I want to make a comeback as a jumper for the outdoor season, maybe starting with long jump and then switching back to triple jump for my last two seasons in the CIS. Right now, the next three weeks will be off or next to off and I will start training again in the second week in september, hopefully healthy for the first time in a long time.
I'm really looking forward to what the future has to offer, it's been a frustrating year, battling through a knee injury that has curtailed my last two seasons, I'm optimistic that my athletic career is just beginning. Although I am taking a 9 month Sabbatical from track and field, I'm positive that I will still physically be moving towards the goal of jumping 15m, if I get stronger and healthier then the future is wide open.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris