Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Blah, not what I was hoping for in the weight-room but I think it's more because of over-fatigue than loss of strength. I had to wake up at 5:30am to get to the gym so I guess it makes sense that I was nowhere near my pb at 6:00am in the morning near the end of a fairly tough week.
   I did some jumping which went surprisingly well, the sandpit was too hard and filled with rocks to actually finish a jump but it felt good technically. I'm definitely slowly down to "gather" before the jump so next week I will focus on running through. My body was pretty tired so the distances weren't spectacular (also the landings were pretty much standing) but I felt better than I was expecting and if I was fresh I think I would have put up some big numbers. On Sunday I'll pull the tape for a couple.
   I'm beyond tired right now, I'm currently studying for my last exam tomorrow morning, physiology. I'm kind of excited to finish it, kill the last workout of the week and then just relax... Well I guess I have to pack but then I can relax. I'm moving back to Dartmouth for a little while now that the school year is over, hopefully I won't be there too long though, it takes forever getting back and forth to the gym.
   When I was jumping today I was thinking to myself, "this is what it is all about". Everything else is supplementary at the end of the day I am a triple jumper and nothing in the weight-room matters if I am jumping well. I need to remind myself that more often.

TODAY'S WORKOUT
Morning--
600m jog
Dynamic mobility
Power-cleans 1x3@225lb's, 1x3@230lb's, 3x3@230lb's (oox, oox, oox)
Split Jerks 2x3@155lb's, 1x3@165lb's
Incline dumbbell press 2x5@60lb's, 2x5@65lb's
Mobility

Afternoon
400m jog
Light warm-up
Dynamic mobility
Ankle hops 3x10
Twisting hops 3x10
Left hops 2x10
Right hops 2x10
LLRR 3x10
Low bounding 3x10
Five step bounds 5x5
Five step LLRR x3
Five-step triple jump x4
Seven-step triple jump x3
Depth jumps 2x5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris