Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, April 15, 2012
Things started off badly and got better. I need to stop worrying so much, I stress myself out for no reason--I hate being neurotic by nature. I feel like I need to make a really mellow playlist so I can listen to it on my way to practice. Who knows maybe it will help!
   I completely lost my rhythm when I was jumping today at practice. There were a variety of factors at play but I literally completely forget how to jump. It was my first time jumping in my new spikes, they are a lot more narrow than my old ones so it took some getting used to landing on a smaller surface area. By the end of practice I felt I broke them in, I stopped thinking about my feet. My arms were another bothering detail, I was trying to take off with a double arm technique without gathering but each jump got worst and worst until I couldn't even jump, I was over-thinking things wayyyy too much. I was pretty frustrated and anxious, so much so I even tried jumping single armed but still couldn't get the rhythm down. All the work I was doing was off of 7 steps so I took my spikes off, dumped out the sand, put them back on and tried again off of three steps. It still took me a couple of attempts to get it down but on my third or fourth one something clicked. I moved up to five steps for a jump then back up to seven. From seven I jumped 12.40m, 12.60m, 12.80m and then called it quites, I definitely went over my jump count. I wasn't watching the board so those numbers could still be off but at the beginning of  practice I was barely making the pit from the 11m board. I don't have a seven step pb, since I usual go off eight. Next week I will film the board. Assuming I now have the rhythm down I'm hoping next week I can work on getting the positioning down, if I feel good I may move up to nine steps for a couple. In theory there is 20 days until the next meet.
   Things were alright in the weight-room, new snatch pb and definitely felt better than last week but still needs work. I'm still making "newbie gains". I'm still a little sick so I guess I have to be happy with today overall considering how much I was coughing and how lethargic I have been. Yesterday morning it hurt to even walk, and when I felt my shirt rub against my sides I thought I was dying!

TODAY'S WORKOUT
400m jog
Warm-up
Ankle hops 3x10
Twisting hops 3x10
Left hops 2x10
Right hops 2x10
LLRR 3x10
Low bounding 3x10
Jogging runway+takeoff x3
Five step bounds 3x3, 3x5
Seven step triple jump x6
Three step triple jump x4
Five step triple jump x1
Seven step triple jump x3
Light stretching
Weights--
Power Snatch 3x3@145lb's, 2x3@155lb's
Podium Snatch-grip Deadlifts 1x5@225lb's, 2x5@245lb's
Leg curls 3x5@139lb's (Both sides)
Abdominal crunches 3x10@170lb's
Seated twists 3x10@33lb's
Seated crunches 3x10@33lb's

*Note some jump attempts failed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris