Powered by Blogger.
Monday, April 2, 2012
So starts the first day of hopefully the last rehab block I'll have to do in a while. I got right to it today, first thing I made a physio appointment for Wednesday--if nothing else hopefully they will be able to identify any weak areas around the injury and show me the most effective way to strengthen it. I'm a big believer in rehabbing myself so this who physio thing is foreign to me.
   As far as a workout went I took things pretty easy. Since I kind of worked through my off day last week I treated this as my off-day. I went to the gym in the afternoon and did some light stretching and myofascial release. In the evening I went for a 30 minute bike ride on the stationary, the core I missed yesterday and stretched.
   I ordered new spikes last Friday and I'm expecting them to get here in 7-20 days. I made a promise to myself to be healthy when they arrive. As hard as it is for me to give anything but 100% if I can hold myself back and get healthy I have still put on a lot of strength and there should be plenty of time to work out the technical issues caused from switching over to a double arm takeoff.

TODAY'S WORKOUT
Afternoon--
Light stretching
Myofascial release.

Evening--
30 minute bike ride
Light warm-up
Twisting leg raises 3x10
Seated twists 3x10@33lb's
Myofascial release


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris