Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, April 8, 2012
I hope today is a sign of things to come, I had a fairly intensive practice with no pain in my hamstring. I felt a little bit like I was playing for fire but I made sure I was taking adequate breaks between jumps and limited the volume. I did some testing to compare to when I tested three weeks ago--standing long jump and standing triple jump were both up. Standing five bounds was down but I think it really might have been up. When I tested last time I didn't have the tape pulled to see where I was taking off from, I tried to eyeball a 13m board but it may have been 12.whatever. So for all intensive purposes I'm going to say I pb'd today. I didn't get a chance to do running five bounds, I opted not to risk it.
   I do some hopping complexes which felt pretty good, I felt like I was starting to get the arm rhythm down by the end of practice. I'm hoping next week I will be able to jump pretty close to max effort from seven strides. I didn't do any actual triple jump today so I'm thinking next week, if I'm healthy, I'm going to do some hop-hop, bound, jumps, runways and then go into a few seven and maybe even a nine step jump if things are going really well. I am hoping that I may be able to do some speed on Tuesday but I am going to keep the distances and the volume low (if all feels good). 
   The gym is only going to be open from 6-8am in the morning all week so this poses a bit of a challenge, but while everyone else is thinking "Well, maybe I can sleep in today" I'll be getting up at 5:30am so I'm the first one there. 

TODAY'S WORKOUT
800m jog
Warm-up
Ankle hops 3x10m
Twisting hops 3x10m
Left hops 3x10m
Right hops 3x10m
LLRR 3x10m
Standing long jump x5 (best 3.17m, sb)
Standing triple jump x5 (best 9.19m, sb)
Standing five bounds x3 (best 15.00m, sb)
Jogging runways with hop x4
Seven step LLRL x4
Seven step hop x4
Weights--
Power snatch 2x3@145lb's, 2x3@150.5lb's (This lift definitely needs work)
Podium snatch-grip deadlifts 2x5@205lb's, 1x5@225lb's (getting better)
Hip thrusts 3x5@185lb's (first time ever doing, needs work)
Twisting incline leg-raises 3x10
Plate twists 3x10@35lb's
Myofascial release




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris