Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, March 15, 2012
For some reason my legs were really sore all day, I'm not sure what it's from--it's either from the run on Monday, squats or Tuesday or from the bike yesterday... Who knows, after this week I probably won't be acutely sore for a while. My hamstring is definitely getting better, it's at like 70% capacity right now--I can do short approach jumps (nervously) and in the weight room I'm at about 80% work capacity. I still can't sprint, I can do strides but even they feel pretty risky. I think the active rehabilitation process I'm doing right now is the best thing I could be doing, I feel like I'm strengthening it without causing extra damage. 
   I did some light plyos today as well as took my first step towards a double arm action--off of three steps I tried to get the rhythm down, I made some minor progress but until I am in front of a pit with spikes on (and fully healthy) it will be hard to really get a feel for it. I think that it will allow me to get much more power and remain in a more upright position and hopefully I can't work out the "gather" that I instinctively want to set up with.
   I did power cleans for the first time in a long time, they felt a little awkward but I got up to 215lb's, I could have went much higher but I felt them in my hamstring a little bit on the first pull so I didn't want to risk it. I also did deadlifts, which I have never been very proficient at, I only went up to 255lb's since I could definitely feel them in my hamstring,... If healthy I think I'll be able to put at least 50lb's on top of that next week, I didn't feel challenged at all.

TODAY'S WORKOUT
Warm-up
Standing stair jumps x3
Shock jumps 3x8
Standing triple jump x3 (Each side)
Standing bounds 3x6 
Five step bounds 3x6
Three step hops x10 (Roughly)
Pop-up's 3x3 (Each side)
Weights--
Power-cleans 3x3@205lb's, 1x3@215lb's
Deadlifts 1x5@235lb's, 1x5@245lb's, 1x5@255lb's
Leg curls (Right) 1x5@135lb's, 2x5@145lb's
Leg curls (Left) 1x5@88lb's, 1x5@90lb's
Twisting Incline leg-raises 3x10
Seated twists 3x10@33lb's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris