Powered by Blogger.
Friday, March 9, 2012
Well, I'm about to go to bed. I guess this is it--the last sixth months of training have all been designed to peek tomorrow at 2:45pm... Or has it? I have learned more this season than any season previous, I'm definitely a better athlete than I was in September and no matter how tomorrow goes I'll have no regrets, this isn't the end, this is only the beginning.
Although I set my goal at the beginning of the season at 14.40m I did so optimistically, thinking best case scenario, that's why I only set my summer goal 10cm farther.
So no matter how tomorrow goes I will be able to move forward knowing that the best is yet to come. My hamstring may tear while I'm warming up, it might last a round or two or it might be perfectly fine. I could set a pb over 14.28m and reach the podium or maybe I'll feel flat and jump 13.50m or anything in-between.

No regrets

Some important things I've learned since September:

1. Salt is an important electrolyte and without it one may end up bowed over a hotel room sink and not be able to jump.

2. No matter how flexible you are it is still important to stretch regularly for injury prevention.

3. Eating too little is mentally and physically exhausting and makes training much more difficult than it needs to be.

4. *And most importantly* Never buy a bottle of champagne until you've actually won something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris