Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, March 4, 2012
Well, I felt a little better mentally today than I was over the last couple of days. I think I might jump alright this weekend despite everything that has happened recently. It's time to put everything that has happened in the past and realize that it's all about keep moving forward. Just keep moving forward. It's not about what everyone else jumps it's about beating myself.
In practice today I pretty much just did runways with a couple of light jumps thrown on the end. My runway is what the problem was at the last meet so it makes sense to work on it. I am quite slow, I definitely need to spend some time this spring working on pushing out the back, I'm musing with the idea of perhaps doing some block work to work on acceleration mechanics. The last five meters of my runway was timed at 0.56s which seems pretty slow, I believe it was about 8.93m/s but it felt about the same speed that I have been jumping at all season. I think I realistic goal for this summer would be to jump consistently over 9m/s. I am naturally slow so I can jump closer to my max velocity than most others can.

TODAY'S WORKOUT

Warm-up
Runways x8
Five step bounds 3x5
Light jogging triple jump x3
Weights--
Hang-snatch 5x2@135lb's (felt very good, fast)
Explosive bench 5x2@95lb's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris