Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, March 10, 2012
   Well the worst case scenario happened, I woke up feeling pretty good, surprisingly good in fact and even the first part of my warm-up wasn't terrible. There were some early warning signs that things would go badly, I could feel acute pain in my hamstring when I moved it in certain directions. I wasn't able to jump at all, when I tried to do my first runway I only got up to 3/4 speed before I felt the familiar snapping sensation that I have felt 4 or five times over the past year. I then tried to wrap it up which did feel like it helped a little but but I knew I wasn't going to be able to jump at 100% effort. I was hoping that by some miracle everyone else faulted and I could jog out a 13.50-13.70m and place respectably. I tried my first jump at about 80% speed but as soon as I hit the bored my hamstring completely gave out and I grabbed it in pain. I lowered my expectation to just getting a jump in so I tried my second jump at 40-50% speed and still couldn't get off the ground and was forced to pass my third jump.
   I don't know how long I will be dry-docked for, I was planning on pretty much taking the next week off before I transition to the outdoor season. I was going to just "play around" in the gym and experiment a few new exercises with low loads but I might have to wait until the end of the week. I'm still hoping I can still do testing on Sunday like I had planned, standing long jump, standing triple jump, standing five bounds and running five bounds. We will see how I am feeling. I also wanted to start attempting an arm and a half take off from 3-5 steps, right now I feel like my right arm which comes over the top is just throwing me off balance and I will be able to get a much better cycle with both arms out front. I'm optimistic about it because whenever I do short approach hops I use two arms and I feel like I'm in a much better position. 14.50m+ this summer.
   It's going to take a couple of days to get over this weekend (maybe break some things, punch some walls ect.) but there's no point in dwelling in the past. It's going to be a really long flight home, I'm hoping I'm able to sleep through it so I'm not stuck in my own mind replaying the tragic downfall of this season which began on the same day I jumped 14.28m on January 14th and pulled my hamstring on my sixth round jump. First thing Monday morning I am going to set up a physio appointment and get things moving on the right path...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris