Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Not even comparable to last Tuesday, 1000 times better.
Today was the first hard workout of "medium" week and it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. I pretty much breezed through the circuits even though I did four instead of three. The only negative was my calf started to feel kind of sore, I was worried I wasn't going to be able to do tempos afterward but it refrained from getting any worst.
The length of the tempo runs increased today too, up to 45s. They were... Hard... But in a good way, when I finished I was exhausted but refreshed.
Weights were great, last week when I did hang snatch I was losing my balance and couldn't straighten my arms under the bar but today I felt like I found the sweet spot, where I felt like I locked my shoulders into place. If it was later in the season, where snatch is a relevant exercise, I probably would have upped the weight but where it was about learning the lift I left it at 115lb's. Romanian deadlifts felt good too, no lower back discomfort and a good pull in the glute-hamstring area.

TODAY'S WORKOUT
Warm-up
4 circuits--
15 burpees
20m bounding
15 pushup's/crunches
3 pop-up's
20 bicycles/15 wall touches
10m left hops
10 rotational pushups
10m right hops
15 tuck jumps
20m bounding
20 crunches
Tempos--
5 sets of: 45s on/90s off
6 hill runs (up only)
Weights--
Hang snatch 4x3@115lb's
Romanian deadlifts 4x10@179lb's
Bent over rows 4x10@40lb's
Pull-up's 1x6, 3x3

I also made a visual representation of training since last March, it seems to be fairly sporadic, but now that I have a better understanding of periodization this season should have a more noticeable pattern.

 Green is general prep, blue is specific prep, red is a competition week and orange is competition phase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris