Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, August 21, 2011
When I woke up on Friday I was feeling pretty much healed up from my surgery but I played it safe and waited until today to do any real work. I still have some unpleasantness in my mouth, mostly where the stitches are in my cheeks, but besides being an annoyance I am physically back to 100%.
   I was in for a rude awakening today, after being pretty lazy for the past two and a half days, relaxing at home and eating A LOT of sugar. I had a lot of symptoms of Hypoglycemia which often seem to plague me, as they probably do for many people, when I eat too much sugar and not enough protein. My hands where shaking out of control, especially after doing a core circuit. It felt kind of good in a way though, sort of a cleanse.
   I started today off by going for a 3km run and doing a 30 minutes of yoga style mobility afterwards. Later in the day I did squats at home and a core circuit after.
   Today is hopefully going to be the only time I do weights at home (off a 20lb bar), the only reason I didn't go to the gym today was because it was a last minute decision. Squatting off a 20lb is terrible, the weight feels significantly heavier, it's hard to get into a full range of motion and it puts the knee and ankle joints at weird angles. I went bare foot which probably wasn't a great idea but I don't plan on making a habit of it, besides it wasn't a lot of weight.
   Here's a look at the equipment I was dealing with:



I was happy with the depth I was getting though, that was the only positive. My right knee felt under pressure when I completely straitened it but I didn't have any pain.

TODAY'S WORKOUT

3km run
30 minutes mobility
Squats 1x10@200lb's, 1x10@220lb's, 1x10@230lb's
Core circuit--
Plate twists 3x20
Pushups 3x25
Crunches 3x20
2 minute plank x2
10 minutes of mobility

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris