Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, August 25, 2011
This was a sloppy workout, in the weight room in particular. I had three exercises to complete, deadlifts, front squats and incline dumbbell press.
Front squats were... Well it was pretty obvious that it has almost been a year since I have last done them. The problem was the same problem everybody has with front squats, the grip. The bar was slowly slipping through all ten reps. I think that this will be easy to fix for next week but it was just pretty frustrating for today.
Deadlifts were a mess, I don't know why I can't get the hang of this lift. Every time I try doing them I end up straight legging them. I felt like I was starting to get the hang of them when I phased them out last season but today, with pretty much no weight on the bar, my form was terrible. I will definitely have to spend some more time studying.
Incline dumbbell press, well my arms with just dead from all the pushups in the circuits. I got ten reps for the first set, six for the second and five for the third. I was too off mentally from the deadlifts at this point I didn't care.
The circuits/running actually went pretty well, it felt easier than it did on Tuesday, I believe I'm getting more fit. My stride felt good too, nice and relaxed.
Tomorrow I am measuring my body weight, last week I was 161.4lb's so I'm guessing I'm slightly less this week from all the fitness work.

TODAY'S WORKOUT

Warm-up
3 times through circuit--
15 burpees
20m bounding
15 pushups/crunches
3 pop-ups
10 rotational pushups (5L/5R)
10m left hops
20 bicycles/ 20 wall touches
10m right hops
15 tuck jumps
20m bounding
20 crunches

Tempo runs--
Five sets of 30s on/60s off
3 Hill runs (up and down)

Weights--
Front Squats 1x10@168lb's, 2x10@177lb's
Deadlifts 3x10@179lb's
Incline dumbbell press 1x10@50lb's, 1x6@50lb's, 1x5@50lb's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris