Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Well now what? With no competitions for 3+ months it seems like it is time to go back to the start, base training--ground zero. I feel like I have slowly been losing strength, which is understandable considering I haven't been on a regular weight schedule for quite some time. I don't know how many more competitions my hamstring could hold up for either, it was a little sore today. And now I am forced to rest, I've come to learn it's importance but still I loathe it--I would jump 1000 times a day if I could.
   I just finished writing up my training plans for the next four weeks, it's a lot of circuit work, general strength and fitness, as well as long tempo/hill runs. Also I am going to take the week after next, and the the week after that, as an opportunity to re-learn the major lifts focusing on form as well as taking a crack at learning how to hang clean--which is a lift I'm hoping I will be able to use to fade out back squats late next season.
   Tomorrow is another off day (blahh) and the day after that is just a core day. Tuesday however should be fun, I am going to do some testing to see where I am at--standing long jump, triple jump and 3-8 step triple. I will be comparing these numbers to last years to see where I am at.
   Wednesday is really where everything gets striped back down to bare bones--I have images of literally tearing myself down to a skeleton and completely rebuilding. I get my wisdom teeth out on Wednesday afternoon and I suppose I should take Thursday to recover. After that I'm slowly fading into circuit work.
   I am unbelievably excited for next season, I don't want to break 14.00m, I want to destroy it and set my sights beyond it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris