Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Well, what to think, what to think... On the one hand I did fault a jump that WOULD have been a pb but it was still a fault. My best legal jump was 6.38m, 9cm under my pb. The wind wasn't great however, it was between -0.1m/s and -2.0m/s for all six jumps. Oh well, looks like I won't be long jumping again until indoor, I feel like with just a little bit of long jump technical work after each triple jump practice this winter I can tweak myself over 6.70m.

Jump 1,6.19m, -0.6m/s: I felt pretty good but it was my first jump since June. Only 6.19m but I felt like they were only going to get better. Also the landing was sloppy.

Jump 2, Fault (6.29m), -1.6m/s: felt better but I reached at the board and a really strong headwind.

Jump 3, 6.14m, -2.0m/s: felt slow and technically poor off the board. Also my foot hit back about 20cm.

Jump 4, 6.38m, -0.1m/s: the wind was a little better but my foot was still out front at takeoff anf I went into my landing phase too early.

Jump 5, 6.23m, -0.9m/s: felt flat off the board, no height.

Jump 6, fault( 6.60m), -1.4m/s: felt by far the best, I had a lot more height and it was the only jump that had some sort of penultimate phase. Unfortunately I reached and so I might as well have jumped 1.00m.

I actually have been given the opportunity to do some exhibition triple jump on Saturday so I'll have one more meet type scenario after that I will be tearing everything down and rebuilding for next year. I really want to focus on the mental aspect of training, it will be something interesting to look into.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris