Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Not the worst meet ever. It was only an exhibition meet anyway so the results don't count but it was still a good opportunity to jump for a pb. I didn't quite make it over the 13.84m mark, I ended with 13.72m. It was a decent series of jumps though, I had a couple in the 60's that would have been in the 80's if I touched the board and I lost 20-40cm on all my landings. On one jump my elbow came way back and I lost close to half a meter, it would have been over 14.00m otherwise. Oh well.
   I was happy with the result given the conditions, it was 48 hours after long jumping in Moncton, I jumped off a tape board, there were only four jumpers, my heel was still sore. 


Jump 1: 13.29m- My elbow went back on the landing, also about 5cm behind the the board.

Jump 2: 13.58m- Felt a little better, I was surprised that it was as low as it was. I did lose probably close to 30cm on the landing though.

Jump 3: Fault- A fault is a fault...

Jump 4: 13.62m- Didn't touch the board and a terrible landing, my feet kind of hooked in so I had no extension and my butt hit back ~20cm.

Jump 5: 13.65m- Felt huge, great height and fluent phases.  I missed the board again unfortunately and took off from 13.80's. Also a brutal landing, got my feet in over 14.00m but didn't pull through.

Jump 6: 13.72m- Didn't feel like a great jump, the last two felt farther which they technically were from where I took off from. I didn't extend on the landing either, same as the fourth jump. It should have been a lot farther than it was...

I'm going to take tomorrow off, Monday is just going to be a core day. Tuesday is going to be a testing day, short approach/standing jumps. I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled on Wednesday so I am going to take a couple days off before easing into general prep. Summer is now over...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris