Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Well after taking yesterday off completely I'm feeling pretty good today. I feel like my heel is going to get sore so I'm going to take advil in advance to avoid unnecessary discomfort.
My only real goal for today is to not fault, at least not consistently. I have a tendency in long jump to attack the board out front (also with a heel plant) which causes everything to become out of position.
The last time I did long jump was in June (not counting the one half-jump I took at juniors) and that meet was also in Moncton. I faulted I believe 4/5 jumps, the farthest being about 6.40m with a strong negative wind. A pb would definitely be nice, anything over 6.50m. I won't be to disappointed with 6.40's either but anything less than that I probably won't be content with unless the wind is like -5.0m/s.
It is now 10:30 and I'm sitting on a bus about an hour away from Moncton. As soon as I get there I'm going to try to get inside somewhere since there Is a possibility of rain. I don't jump until 4:00pm so there is plenty of time to loosen up, hopefully the weather holds up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris