Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, May 5, 2011
This workout was probably in my worst five of all time. When I arrived at the track it was starting to drain, but mostly a deep fog. The weather held up for my warm-up but when I went to start the plyo workout it poured. Like monsoon type of poured. I don't think I have ever been so wet and I was doing standing triple and pop-up's into the sand and got covered. If that wasn't bad enough I had to wait 20 minutes for the bus covered in sand and water. THEN I head to sit down freezing cold for 45 minutes until I got to the gym.
When I started doing cleans the straps that were in my bag were wet and I couldn't get a grip. I started at 195lb's, the usual, and couldn't get a single rep finished. It took three tries at 185lb before I got in a full set of five--even then they were probably the most technically inefficient set of my life. Eventually I got four sets finished...
Just one of those workouts that needs to be shook off, I guess the fact that I had six hours of sleep and worked for eight hours this morning didn't help either. Oh well.

TODAY'S WORKOUT

Warm-up
Two foot ankle hops 2x25m
Ankle hops 2x25 (each side)
Depth jumps 3x8
Bounds 4x5 (into pit)
Standing triple jump 5x5 (~8.40, felt terrible and raining hard)
5 Seven step pop-up's
3 Seven step pop-up's+landing
5 nine step pop-up's
1 nine step pop-up+landing
Weights--
Hang Cleans 4x5@185lb's (worst they have ever felt)
¤Straight-legged deadlifts 4x5+162.5lb's

¤I switched the days of the week I do straight-legged deadlifts and regular deadlifts for more efficient recovery.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris