Powered by Blogger.
Monday, May 9, 2011
Sunday May 8 2011

This has been one of the worst jumping workouts of the season. I guess training two days in a row combined with spending so much time on my feet for my job took more energy out of me than I thought. Also the ULTIMATE binge diet on Saturday probably didn't help either but I'll get to that in a second.
The first sign that it wasn't going to be a good day was during my warm-up I noticed that my mobility seemed tighter than usual, especially around my hips, just a general stiffness. Then at the end of my warm-up I did three or four standing triple jumps and they were all about 60-70cm less than my pb.
When it came time to actually jump the five steppers over mini hurdles didn't feel too bad and they were even in the mid eleven range of the 9m board. The eight step jumps were terrible, my body was just shutting down and each one became progressively less technically proficient. Two bad workouts in one week, hopefully it's not a tell about how I'll jump this weekend!
So I had a couple cheat days that I didn't use so I pretty much put them all together on one day. I didn't count calories that I day but if I had to guess it would be in the 8000+ range... I haven't broke 2900 since then but I think that I have a feasible policy for cheat days for now on using a credit allowance system.

TODAY'S WORKOUT

Warm-up
3 Standing triple jumps
5 Five step triple jumps (over 4 inch hurdles) (~11.40m)
8 Seven step triple jump's (over 4 inch hurdles)
Cool-down
Weights--
Deadlifts 1x5@248lb's, 1x5@270lb's, 2x5@280lb's

Monday May 9 2011

Today was just a quick ab circuit, later I'll probably do some hip mobility. Overall a very light day.

267m jog
Ab circuit 3x6x10
Ab pull downs 3x15@170lb's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris