Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, May 29, 2011
   Today could have gone worst but it also could have gone better. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night, only like six hours but I still jumped fairly well. I jumped 12.47m off of eight steps which is about 3 centimeters off my pb. My hamstring was pretty sore, I noticed during my warm-up that I couldn't come even close to top-speed while doing accelerations. When I was jumping I was only bringing probably 75% speed to the board (of what a my max off of eight strides would have been) to protect my hamstring. If I was completely healthy I think I could have gotten close to 12.80m. I also couldn't pull through during the landing and ended up almost just sinking into the sand.
   Technically I was over hopping and wasn't in control of the whole jump, I felt like my arm patterns are becoming more efficient though.


TODAY'S WORKOUT

Warm-up
3 standing triple jumps
3 Five step triple jumps
6 Eight step triple jumps

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris