Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Today was actually a really good workout. Like every Thursday we started off with light plyos (depth jumps, bounds, hops) then I did a few short approach jumps. I didn't have any pain really, but it's clear my hamstring still isn't 100%. When I move it in a curling motion I still feel a lot of tension. Also I haven't been able to reach top end speed yet or at least maintain it. That's the only thing that is worrying me right now, my speed on the runway. I'm sure it will be healed by the next competition (June 11) but it's still in the back of my mind.
Weights went well today too, I set a hang-clean pb and brought Jerks back for the first time since like February. I had no pain at all doing weights.
I'm also a little worried about my range of motion, I've always been naturally flexible (I can even do the splits) but now that my hamstrings are injured I sense a lot of scar tissue may form.

TODAY'S WORKOUT

Warm-up
Depth jumps 3x8
Bounds 5x5 (five step run-in)
Hops 3x5 (both sides)
Single legged depth jumps 1x5 (both sides)
Single-legged depth jumps+step 1x5 (both sides)
Depth jumps+standing long jump 1x5
3 Standing triple jump
6 Three-step triple jump
2 Five-step triple jump
Weights--
Hang-cleans 2x5@195lb's, 2x5@200lb's
Hang Jerks 4x3@155lb's
Straight-legged deadlifts 4x5@145.5lb's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris