Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
I'm so close to being healthy, if I wasn't competing this weekend I probably wouldn't even mention my hamstring but unfortunately I am competing--and I'm not sure if I'm quite there yet. It's going to come down to the wire, I probably won't know if I can jump until Friday morning. When I did runways today I felt good for the first 14 strides but the last three didn't feel nearly as smooth as I would have hoped. I felt like instead of going into top gear I slowed down to relieve the tension. At this point it could go either way.
On a brighter note hang-cleans felt good today, it was the first time I went "heavy" with them in a couple weeks. I went up to 205lb's and didn't feel overly challenged. I searched the gym for a set of 2.5lb's to put on the end for the last set but I could only find one. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise.
My heel didn't seem to hurt today but in all fairness I didn't really jump on it beyond a few pop-up's.
I have visions of tearing my hamstring in half on my first long jump but that's a...that's a worst case scenario.

TODAY'S WORKOUT

Warm-up
3x30m (with a walk in)
5 runways
Cool-down
Weights--
Hang-cleans 3x3@205lb's
Hamstring curls--
Right side 3x5@162lb's
Left side 1x5@90lb's, 1x5@112lb's, 1x5@117lb's
Pull-up's 3x5@body weight
Incline dumbbell press 3x5@50lb's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris